To Study in Finland you first need to know about some basic information about Finland.

Country Profile: Finland officially the Republic of Finland (FinnishSuomen tasavaltaSwedishRepubliken Finland), is a country in Northern Europe bordering countries are Norway, Sweden, and Russia. Finland is a Nordic country and is situated in the geographical region of Fennoscandia. The capital is Helsinki and it is largest city. Other major cities are Espoo, Vantaa, Tampere, Oulu and Turku. Area 338,424 square kilometre and official languages are Finish & Swedish. The population of Finland is  5,520,535 and GDP per capita (Nominal) is $50,068. Finland is very popular for its education system and technology. Popular telecom company NOKIA is manufactured by Finland.

Some top ranked university: 

University of HelsinkiWorld Rank: 110

Aalto UniversityWorld Rank: 140

University of TurkuWorld Rank: 285

Application procedure:

You can apply for any level (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Upper level) studies conducted in English in joint application to higher education. In joint application you apply to all your study programme choices with one application form.

Note that any level studies conducted in English are mainly provided by UAS. There are a few Bachelor’s level studies conducted in English in universities.

See all programmes in universities

NB! Links take you to search results where you can filter the search from the sidebar.

Application Deadline:

There are two sessions to apply for, Autumn (August – December) and Summer (January – July)

You can apply up to six (6) study programmes and you can choose study programmes from both application periods. Please note that the same study programmes are not offered on both application times.

Read more about applying here. Also read the Higher education FAQ carefully.

Who can apply?

Check whether you are eligibleRead more about eligibility criteria.

How to apply?

Detail instructions on how you can apply here.

Brows Study Options


Tuition Fees:

Universities of applied sciences and universities charge a tuition fee from Bachelor’s or Master’s level students studying in languages other than Finnish or Swedish. EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge.

Tuition fees has been charged from studies starting in August 2017 or later. The amount of the fee can vary between higher education institutions.


The higher education institutions will develop a scholarship scheme that will give financial support for students enrolled in degree programmes that are subject to the charge.

Exemption from the fee

EU area citizens are exempted from paying tuition fees . The exemption is also applicable to those who have an EU blue card stated in the Aliens Act, continuous or permanent residence permit or a long-term resident’s EC residence permit.

If you already have a study right in a Finnish higher education institution in a degree programme that did not charge tuition fees when you started your studies, and you apply for a transfer through transfer student application for a degree programme that now charges tuition fees, you will not have to pay the tuition fee.

Read more:

Migri – Studying in Finland (Finnish Immigration Service)

EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Visa Application:

Please find here:


Working during Study: As an international student you are allowed to work for 25 hours in a week. In vacation, you can work full time.




Study in Finland Official portal


Facebook Comments
Print Friendly, PDF & Email